Monday, May 15, 2006

False Alarm... oh boy

Hi there everyone,
Last week was interesting if anything. I worked the first few days without much trouble. Some days are harder then others. I just kept telling myself that this was my last week of work and that I just wanted to do hair and enjoy it . I love doing hair so not doing it for a few months is going to be hard. I do have a couple friends and family members that get me to do their hair in my kitchen so I hope that they are willing to come to the rescue. I started saving what I call a mommy fund a few months ago when I found out I was having a baby so I have spending money that will be split during the time I am out of work. I wanted to be able to use my own money for little things like coffee out sometimes and stuff like that without digging into the baby and family money. Josh is pretty content knowing that God is in control and will provide. I am very happy and I have peace about it all. Josh is most worried about his ability to raise a little one. I don't have any doubt that he will be a wonderful daddy and he has alot of people who can give addvise and pray for us.
Anyway, Wed. was my day off from work that week and I ended up having some pretty hard contractions but they were speratic so I just went on with the day. Then that night we had a lamanz class and during that my contractions got harder and more steady. After class I told the instructor and she felt my tummy and was pretty shocked. She told me that I should go home and time them and then if it wasn't to bad to take a big drink of water and then go to bed. If it got worse during the night I should go to the hospital. Well I did what she told me and the contractions were around 4-6 min. apart. WOW!!! Close. I went to bed and all during the night I was nauseous and in pain but just prayed alot and eventually went to sleep. The next day I had a dr. apt. so I went to see her and told her what was going on and she sent me to the Hospital in Rochester for monitoring. She told me that it could be the start of labor and that she would rather be safe then sorry. So I went to Triosh and they put a monitor on me for at least an hour or so. The contractions slowed down to about every 6-10 min. and they checked everything to see what was us. Then they sent me home. Eowyn is in the right possition and is ready to come whenever. I am just having to wait.
I worked on Friday and one of my clients that I love so much came in and gave me a card with a walmart gift card for 50 dollars towards baby and we plan on going out to eat with them after she is born so josh can meet them and they can see the baby. Then the next day was very good. Alot of my normal clients that I love came in to get cuts by me not knowing that it was my last day at work. I was just glad to see them.
Well I am tired and have to get ready to go to a dr. apt. now so I will stop writing for now but I will write again soon.
bye

1 comment:

The Miller family said...

hi, punkin! time is flyin and those little ones are going to be joining our family soon! sarah is all set, too, just like you and she wrote about it at her myspace today. sounds like it could be anyday now. we are so excited about our two little grandchildren who are joining us this summer! you did a real good job writing about the week.

i love you, mom