Friday, June 23, 2006

Week # 1- Coming home and then going back.

Dear Friends and family,
Week one started out pretty interesting. We had Eowyn on the 13th and spent the 14th and 15th resting up at the hospital and getting used to having a little baby to care for. During that time I was dealing with high blood presure ( pre Eclampsia) and the dr. was worried about me so they kept saying that they might keep me longer. I just kept praying that it wouldn't end up that way. I was having my blood presure checked every 15 min. and they finally gave me a medication for it. It went down pretty fast so they said that I could go home the next day.
Now while we were resting at the hospital my mom hopped on a train and was in NY in time for my going home trip. We ended up coming home on thur. afternoon and got all settled. My mom was a great help... cleaning house, caring for Eowyn, cooking and just being there. I enjoyed having her there the whole time. We had alot of time to talk and enjoy eachothers company and I wouldn't trade that for the world.
The first couple days at home were full of things to do. We went to the library to check e-mails and blog on friday and ended up finding out that you really do need to take the diaper bag with you no matter how long you plan on being out. Also it is almost a certainty that if you don't bring a diaper bag you will end up wishing that you had.
The next day Sat. we went out to take Josh out for father's day and then went to walmart and then the library book sale. Then home to rest and recoop.
Then Sun. we went to Church and enjoyed showing her off and then went to a orchestra concert that Aunt Jo was in. We enjoyed that and then after that we went to Mom and Dad Banfields house for a fathers day BBQ. Sunday we really started noticing that Eowyn was getting really orange and it was kind of getting scary but we knew that she had a dr. appointment with the pediatrician the next day so we just prayed and hoped for the best.
Mon. morning we went to the dr. and she told us that she wanted us to go get Eowyn's blood drawn and that she would call us to let us know the results. So about an hour later she called us to let us know that Eowyn had very high levels of Jaundice. We ended up going to the hospital quickly and getting her under a blue light as quickly as possible. The dr.s said that she had to be in an isolet because she was outside the hospital and they didn't want her near the other new borns. So she was in her own little house. hehe I was given a tiny room to sleep in and stay during the time she was there. I spent most of my time taking care of Eowyn. Feeding, cleaning, changing her diapers and keeping an eye on her. The nurses basically let me do everything. By the end of our time there I was the one turning off the blue light to get her out and changed and fed and then putting her back in and putting on her little eye covers and turning on the blue lights. She was calm and content during the whole thing. She didn't like the whole blood drawing but everything else was fine. She let me put the eye covers on her and then just layed there and slept through it all.
She went from a 24 level of Jaundice to a 13.6 by the day they let us leave. I am so glad that she is better and that we are doing well. We went home on wed. morning and rested. We went to my dr. appointment yesterday for my blood pressure and ended up getting a perscription for that and then we went to aldi and walmart to get the many things that we needed. Josh and I have become talking buddies with one of the managers at Aldi and he was there yesterday. He saw that I finally had her with me and was all worried because I was on my feet shopping already. It was kind of funny.
We are doing good today. I am only going to do this today. Library visit and then go to the dollar general and then home for the day.
That is what has happened so far. Oh and for anyone who was praying for me about the pains I was having in my lower abdomen. I was just having after birth cramps and just have to keep taking Tylonol or Ibeprofen.
So the only thing wrong with Eowyn right at this moment is that she has a slight diaper rash because of the fact that the hospital people didn't dry her bottom when they changed her diaper during the night and it get a rash. I am using a tiny bit of rash cream and it is quickly going away.
That is all for now. I will write more soon.
This is all that happened in the last 10 days....

No comments: