Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Feelings

Okay here we go...
Last week I went to a meeting at my church and it was really cool about the arts and the different ways that we worship in the arts. For instance I dance. So anyway, A man in my church paints and from what he said I got the feeling that he felt that his gift was more important then mine. Now I know deep down inside that it was not his intent to make me feel that way. I know that Satan took hold of that thought and put it in my mind to discourage me. Needless to say... it did.
This morning I was sitting in my room cleaning and listening to a CD that we had put together for our last dance performance at church. I started feeling that discouragement again and started praying that God would take that feeling away and that He would tell me how He really felt about the dancers that dance for Him.
He told me...
People may see your dance ministry as a one time blessing for the church and be forgotten in a day. That may be so, but don't think that is all it is.
Every dance that you do with a desire to please God will bless not only the church but it will give glory to God and He will smile.
Others may not remember every sway, leap and turn but God does. You were created to praise Him and bless Him. You were created for that purpose. Blessing the church is a nice byproduct.
DON"T PERFORM... PRAISE!!!!!!!!!

After recieving that word from God I cried and then wrote it down. I felt that there are probably other people that dance to worship Jesus... The Creator of the Universe.
Alot of times Satan tries to silence us by putting lies in our heads and hearts. As long as we keep our ears open to hear the Lord and His truth we will be strengthened and encouraged to keep on doing what we have been bless with the gift to do.
Be Encouraged today.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Satan sure plays on our desire to be important and noticed. Just remember, you are to God! I love the part where He said, don't perform, just praise! How beautiful! I love the way you open yourself to hear from God! You're life is and is going to be so blessed because of that!

Tammy said...

Thank you Kristen. I am so glad that you read my blog. I have been reading yours too.
God has really been showing me in different ways what satan is lieing to me about. It goes to show that satan is getting scared of something that God is planning in my life.