Tuesday, March 18, 2008

God's words in our worship songs

This afternoon I was having my normal devotions time and during my bible reading part I really felt like reading through the verses quickly and then getting on to cleaning and stuff to get ready for my mom and brothers to get here but when I got to Psalms and was reading the chapter that was assigned to me that day God told me to keep reading and so I went on to read Psalm chapter 63 as well. My family has owned a cassette tape by Accapella, a band that I have grown up listening to and it has always had a deep emotional hold on me. It blesses me alot when I listen to it and so it was wonderful to read this chapter that they used to write one of their songs. Mom, Dad, and James, I hope that you enjoy it too and that it blesses all the rest of you as well.

Psalm 63
Oh God you are my God,
Earnestly I seek you;
My soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary,
and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing mouth my lips will praise you.

On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.


There is more but that is what blessed me. I am constantly reminded through songs of God beautiful and precious word. He is more precious then silver and more costly then gold, more beautiful then diamonds and nothing I desire compares to Him!!!!
Remember as you go through your day and a song of worship comes to mind. They are not just there as little bits of entertainment but as true words that we speak to the Lord or the Lord has spoken to us. Listen to them. What is He telling you today?

No comments: