Hello all,
This week has been full of interesting and sometimes stressful situations.
The week started with us going to church like we do every week. I have to say that I love the fact that our church doesn't just stick to a rigorous schedule but flows with the Spirit of God and what He has in mind for our service and our growth. This Sunday we ended up not having a sermon at all but just having an extremely beautiful worship time with people worshiping with the flags and interpretive dance. A woman at our church makes flags that we use in our dance team. They are so lovely and alot of the time we end up using them during our morning worship. We then had communion after which we actually stood and talked and prayed together in true communion with eachother. It was great!
That night at our homegroup I was having a very hard time getting into the flow of the spirit. I had been feeling like crying for the last week and hadn't been able to. After a long time of getting more and more frustrated with myself, I prayed that God would break down the wall that seemed to be blocking me off from what He was doing. My friend Gloria was there and she sat down with me and God told me some things that He wanted me to know. He told me that He is going to clear my mind of all my past sins, so that when Satan tries to bring them up to make me feel guilty or ashamed, I will be able to say, "What sins?" just as God does.
I tell you what, I cried like a baby. I had been feeling so bad about past sins and the memories of them and now I know that there is no condemnation for me because I am in Christ Jesus. Amen!!!
Then Monday I was planning on staying home all day and then my friend called and asked if I would be able to drive him to the doctors. God had been telling me about some things that I was supposed to speak to my friend about and so I saw this as a good time to do that. So I went and God really opened the door and now things are good between us.
Eowyn is getting closer and closer to being 2 and I am starting to see it in her behavior. She yells no alot and has a opinion about alot of things. She isn't to bad but compaired to before it is getting a little harder to distract her from things that she wants but can't have and stuff like that.
She is still learning a word or two a day and it is fun watching her learn new things. The other day she was playing with her cars and stood her toy cow on top of one of them. It was so cute. She was like... Moooooo!!!
Lets see. I have been doing my devotions every day for a little while now and that is getting to be more and more fun as God opens my eyes to His Word and what He wants me to learn.
I have decided that one of my favorite books of the Bible is Acts. I just love the format it was written in. I also keep reading things that I have never heard before. It is wonderful!!!
Josh and I are getting closer. We don't have any marital problems but we are learning more ways to discuss things about Eowyn and also we are enjoying cooking together and spending more time talking. It is great!
Well tonight I get to go to a Ladies Desert night and that should be fun. I have been going to a group that meets at Elim Gospel Church called WOW Women of Worth or MOPS Mothers of Preschoolers. It is alot of fun and it really helps to be in touch with women that are going through alot of the same stuff that you are with the raising of children. So we are going out tonight.
I have to go and do some house cleaning before my little one gets up and wants to play and make a mess again. hehe
Bye for now.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It is so awesome to hear that God is working so mightily in you and your family! I'll be praying that it continues.
I'm with you on the almost-two-year-old thing, too. Pretty much every day I look at Kiah and realize he is such a 2 year old in so many ways. It can be fun and frustrating at the same time. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment