Monday, November 26, 2007

Visiting the Family in Ohio

Happy Thanksgiving !!!!!
Hello everyone,
Josh and I just got home from a wonderful stay at my parents big farm house in Ohio.
We left for Ohio on Tuesday evening after I got out of work. Eowyn slept most of the way and we got there in good time. After arriving there we were greeted by my mom and grammie who is staying with them right now. Eowyn woke up long enough to run around the house getting a look at her new surroundings and cuddling with her grammie and great grammie.
The next day was full of excitement for me. I got to go with my mom and brothers school where I sat in on the 1st and 2nd grade class most of the day and one of Stephens classes. At the end of school Jim, Sarah and Josh brought Kiah and Eowyn in to the school to meet the kids in mom's class. The kids loved playing with them and watching them do silly things. Then we went home and enjoyed fellowshipping with one another. That night when the family was all home we opened presents for Christmas since we won't be there for that holiday and enjoyed watching Eowyn play with her new toys.
The next day I woke to mom in the kitchen and got up to spend time with her and take care of Eowyn who was talking away in her crib. We went into the kitchen and helped with what we could for preparing Thanksgiving dinner. Soon everyone was up and we all did what we could and then Grandma and Grandpa miller got there. We had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed spending time together. 13 People were there for dinner!!! Then we enjoyed the rest of the day just spending time together and playing games and stuff like that.
I caught a cold right before we left for Ohio so I was dealing with that and some emotional stresses of my own and put that together with playing a game of Risk and I had a little break down. After that was over though things ran smoother for me.
Friday was wonderful. The family all prepared food in the morning and then we all dashed over to our First Big Miller Family Reunion!!! Almost everyone was there.
Grandpa and Grandma Miller, Kent and Tami Miller and their sons Aaron and Shane, (Aaron brought his friend Megan) Mark and Joyce w/ KT, Linda and Jon w/ Ashley,Megan, and Matthew, Mom and Dad w/ Stephen and Ezra, James and Sarah w/ Kiah, Paula and Bob, Tonya, Josh and I w/ Eowyn, and Grammie Hutchins. I think that was all of them. Then we sang Happy Birthday to Tonya(who is my Grandpa's brothers daughter). She loved it and I am glad. I really wanted to see all of my family members because I haven't seen some of them in Soooo long. Anyway, We had a wonderful time eating, playing games and just talking.
After the reunion we went to Mark and Joyces house to see a parade go past their house. It was alot of fun and Eowyn got some candy that was thrown our way. She liked it alot.
Sat. morning I got up really early to go out for Breakfast with my dad. I love our little outings. It gives just the two of us time to catch up and spend some quality time together. Then I went with him to his work at the Library in Bryan and enjoyed helping him sort through books and vidios until Josh and Ezra came to get me. After that we went to Stryker where my best friend Heather and her family live. We had a wonderful time watching Eowyn and Heather's son playing while we all talked and got caught up on life. Their house is beautiful and I am really proud of her and how her life is going.
Then we went back to my parents where we watched a movie and ate lunch and hung out. After that the rest of Saturday was a time of rest and relaxation with family and we had alot of fun.
Sunday morning we got up and got ready for church. Josh packed up the car and we headed out. We had a wonderful sunday school class that my dad taught and then church. After Church we went out to eat at Wendy's and then started home to New York State. We had a wonderful visit and hope that we don't have to wait to long for the next.
Our house seems so spacious and empty compared to mom and dad's and I will have to get used to it here again. I hope everyone there had as much fun as I did.
Thanks for reading all this.
Love,
Tammy

1 comment:

linda said...

Tammy,

So glad you all got to be together for Thanksgiving. I am sure its hard to be away from family, we are sooo happy Sarah and Jim and Kiah are closer now!! I bet the two cousins were really cute together.

Enjoyed reading your blogs. Love Linda Schmitt