Monday, July 25, 2005

A day at the Pocono raceway.... NASCAR

Talk about HOT!!!!! I totally loved being at the races. The race cars are so beautiful close up and you are just like ,"Give me that Car!!!" haha
Okay let me just tell what we were up to for the last two days. We got up early on saturday morning and got packed and ready to go for a wonderful weekend of camping and Nascar racing.
Leaving around 11:00am after eating at subway. It was a 4 hour drive to Pocono PA and we had a wonderful time talking and listening to music the whole way there. I love spending time just talking with Josh. We never really run out of things to talk about. I don't think that we ever will.
Anyway, We got to our campsite aroung 3:30pm and set up camp. It didn't take long so we went exploring around and then came back to the camp site. I stayed and read while he went and checked out this concert just a walk away . The concert was a guy who played the fiddle and Josh likes the fiddle so he went and I read. hehe
Then we enjoyed a campfire and roasted marshmellows and then went to sleep. It was a very hard rocky camp site and we ended up only getting about 4-5 hours of sleep all night. In the end we were just glad to get up off the hard ground. We left for the race around 7:30 and it didn't start till 12:30pm. We were just walking around looking at the different merchendise and I bought a Tank top that says Dale Earnhart Jr. on it. It is really cool and so I wore that and had a fun time. The race was loud and amaizing and exciting. We got to see all of the awesome cars and actually hear the power that they have. Totally cool!!!!
By the time the race was over our bottoms hurt from sitting on the bleechers for so long but oh well. It was a good day.
We left right before the race ended so we could get out and drove home.
All in all it was a day well spent. We had a great time and we just may have to do it again someday. Oh... Kurt Busch won. Rusty Wallace a awesome second place for his final race of his carreer. Totally cool!!!

Hope you liked reading this. Bye for now.

No comments: