I have been really getting into the word of God recently. I went through a month or two when nothing but the Bible interested me. I can tell you that I tried reading a couple different novels and each one either was so boring that I stopped reading it or the Lord spacifically told me not to read it.
After that I got interested in checking out the Twilight book series and it is pretty creative and fun but I don't think that I would want a younger child to read them. It is more for older and spiritually stable people. Anyway, I started reading the first book and it got really interesting but then as I did that I made a rule for myself saying that I can't read any of my novel books until I finish my bible reading for the day. This includes at least 4 chapters of the bible a day in different books of the bible. After those chapters are read and dug into ... I feel free to spend some time reading my novel. Sometimes I get so into the Bible that I don't even get to reading anything else and that is wonderful in itself. I don't feel that it is hinduring me at all but pulling me through . The Lord is telling me alot lately that His word is like medacine and if we aren't taking it in we will not be healthy ... mentally, spiritually, or physically.
This week I got my MRI done finally and it was pretty easy to get through. I almost fell asleep during part of it.
Test results are still in the making and I am okay with that. I have been placing my life in the hands of my maker since I can't remember. It is very peaceful.
The kids are doing well. Jaden becomes more a part of the family every day. I sometimes feel bad though when his grandma takes him away. It makes me feel like it is some kind of a vacation from us and we are his family now. I can tell from how he acts with her and how he acts when he comes home that he is spoiled by her and not really disaplined when he does things that he shouldn't . He ends up being naughty when he gets home because he thinks he will be able to get away with it. Very frustrating.
Eowyn has been getting a temper and I think alot of it has to do with just getting frustrated about not being able to communicate how she is feeling while she is crying or screaming and then she gets in trouble and then cries and screams some more. We have been really praying about it and hope that we get some insight soon.
Both of the kids insist on having their own toys... their own ways... and so they clash and fuss alot at eachother. Also there are days when they get along awesome and play happily together.
I love those days and I look forward to the day when they do that more then argue. We are praying for that as well.
Hope you liked this post. I have been trying to write more often and hope that I don't make you wait to long to read them.
:)
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree that you should post here. I love you and pray that the Lord will bless you as you raise our precious grandchildren!
That is so awesome about your hunger for the Word, Tammy. How could that ever be a hindrance?!?!
I'm sorry to hear about your discipline issues with the kids. I think they are both in frustrating ages for acting out and needing a lot of attention. Kiah is a lot like how you describe Eowyn: crying and screaming when he is frustrated and the littlest things can set him off. We're getting previews of the sibling rivalry when Thomas comes over and Kiah gets jealous and acts out more. I think the moments of good behavior and getting along are your proof that you are doing a good job. If they weren't learning anything it would just keep getting worse!
We look forward to seeing you all in November!
Post a Comment