Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Life is interesting

Hello everyone,
Just to let everyone know what is going on with me this week. There isn't much.
Work is mostly what is happening but then I get to come home to a wonderful husband who makes me dinner and then we watch tv. hehe I know it seems kind of repetative but it is nice after a long day standing at work for almost 9 hours. It gets really tiring and I can't wait till I get a little less hours.
Work is going really good though. I have an awesome clientel that really get upset when I am not working the day they get there so that is cool. They usually come another day to make sure that I am the one that does their hair.
A couple of days ago I did a womans hair and she had never been to our salon. I pampered her and gave her a really awesome cut and then spent extra time styling it to look like a pic. she had brought. She loved it and in the end she got 50.00 worth of products. Every time I work on someones hair... I think about something a very wise man told me. His name is Jim and he told me that no matter what you do always make sure after telling the client about the product... ask them if they would like to purchase it. Chances are that they will more likely take the opertunity and get what you recommend. I have been working for the salon for almost two and half years now. We are given goals to make every week. The goals are a certain number of clients requesting you and how much you sell in retail. My goals have gone from 3 requests a week and 20 dollars a week to 20 requests a week and 60 dollars a week.
Most of the time I make the request goal with no problems but lately the retail sales have not been that great. But last month I almost made both goals and that was cool.
I am praying that my clients that request me will come right back to me when I get back from my pregnancy time off but we will have to see. I will probably go back part time.
Well that is what is going on at work. At home things are going good. I am going to clean the house today and that will be nice. Josh is going to college every thur. night and so I only have one night a week that I come home to an empty house. He comes back at 9:30 though and that is okay.
I just turned 24 on sunday so that was nice too.
My friends from biblestudy on wed. nights are doing good. I have been trying to get two of them together and then just about a month ago they started dating . hehe
They are doing really well and I am getting excited to see what happens with that.
I have to go but I will try and write more next week.
Love yall.

1 comment:

James said...

Was that me Jim, or someone else Jim?

It does sound like something I would say...

hmmm.

Keep up the great work! It's good to see the sales bug in another member of the family.

Love ya.
Jim