Thursday, September 04, 2008

A complete day without Josh...

This morning I woke up and gave my darling husband a kiss goodbye before he dashed out the door. This is a different day then normal considering the fact that he goes to college from work and doesn't make it home till around 9:30pm. So I started my day with the knowledge that I had the whole day with Eowyn with no little breaks after 5:30 when josh normally would be home from work. I also picked today of all days to start potty training my little darling. It was interesting in itself.
So Eowyn first decided that she wanted to pee on the floor in front of the toilet. I told her that she had to potty in the potty not in front of it. She got the idea and so the next time she ran into the bathroom and sat down on the little potty with her underwear on and proceded to pee through her underwear. We went through two pairs that way. Then after that I explained more why we needed to pull our pants down before we go potty she got the idea. The next time she raced to the bathroom I came and she had taking her underwears completely off and put them in the sink and then sat down on the potty.
We are getting there. I also spent alot of time over at our different neighbors. After Eowyn got an hour nap she and I went over to see Barb and Leet and their grand daughter Kendra. We had a good hour there just hanging out and talking. Then we went home and Eowyn swam in our little dino. pool. After that we came in a were watching the beginning of The Little Mermaid when I called Bruce our other neighbor and asked if we could walk over to their house after dinner. He said that if we wanted to we could come and swim and eat at their house. So I packed up the little one and she and I enjoyed swimming and then she ate alot of food. She also got an icecream cone and mommy taught her that she can actually eat the cone. She hadn't known that.
Then we came home she took a much needed bath and then we read and then she went off to bed.
Oh what a day.
I have to say that the day went alot better then I thought that it would be or that it could have been. I am happy with the way it turned out.
Well, I hope that the potty training stuff didn't freak anyone out. It was funny to me.
I will write more again soon.

No comments: